This item is a 5ml aliquot of Christo Lube MCG-153 in a screw capped tube. This will lube around 500 switches.
Christo-Lube® lubricants have been widely used under high pressure environments such as diving regulators and equipment. This is a solid statement on how Chirstolube has superior performance and durability than other commercial grade lubricants. When it comes to lubing mechanical switches, Christo-Lube® is the right choice because it is the perfect fit for mechanical sliders.
Safe to use on switches with any kind of materials, including POM which is often considered “lubricant repelling” and is the material for Holy Pandas and Novelkeys switches.
Are you addicted to buttery typing experience? Do you want your switches as thicc as possible?
Are you sure about what you are looking for?
Christo lube MCG-153 is a very thick grease and is suitable for those who want the most buttery smooth linear switches. DO NOT APPLY ON TACTILE SWITCHES. Application on tactile switches would eliminate the tactility of the switches.
- Take apart your switch with a switch opener, or a flat head screwdriver.
- Remove the spring and the stem, and apply a thin layer or lube to the switch sliders using a size 00 paint brush.
- Gently tap on both ends of the spring with your paint brush with lube. A tiny amount of lube would be enough to eliminate pinging noises. Excessive amount of lube here does not show any benefits.
- Apply a thin layer of lube to the 4 contact sides of the stem.
- Put the switch back together and test the switch.
- Repeat steps 1-5 until you are satisfied with the smoothness.