This item is a 5ml aliquot of Christo Lube MCG-111 in a screw capped tube. This will lube around 500 switches.
Christolube lubricants have been widely used under high pressure environment such as diving equipment and regulators, proven that Chirstolube has superior performance and extra durability than normal commercial grade lubricants. When it comes to mechanical switches application, you know you have made the right choice because it is the perfect fit for mechanical sliders.
Christo lube MCG-111 is considered equivalent to between 3203 and 3204. It is very easy to apply and user friendly as it does not mess up your switches when applied too much.
Perfect for entry level user who wants their switch smooth without taking away too much of the authentic feeling of the switches.
- Take apart your switch with a switch opener, or a flat head screwdriver.
- Remove the spring and the stem, and apply a thin layer or lube to the switch sliders using a size 00 paint brush.
- Gently tap on both ends of the spring with your paint brush with lube. A tiny amount of lube would be enough to eliminate pinging noises. Excessive amount of lube here does not show any benefits.
- Apply a thin layer of lube to the 4 contact sides of the stem.
- Put the switch back together and test the switch.
- Repeat steps 1-5 until you are satisfied with the smoothness.